- 2 1/2 cups fresh chopped broccoli, steamed and divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups skim milk
- salt and pepper to taste
For nutritional information or more recipes from allrecipes.com click here
- In a food processor puree 1 cup steamed broccoli, garlic, and 1/4 cup chicken broth.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the margarine. Add the flour, and stir until mixture thickens and starts to brown.
- Slowly add remaining 1 cup chicken broth and milk, stirring often. Allow mixture to thicken, about 5 minutes. Then add the puree mixture and the remaining 1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli. Heat through, and allow to thicken for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.